Saturday 19 November 2011

Leinster Pucker Up for a Glasgow Kiss: Leinster V Warriors Preview

I'll keep this preview short and sweet as I'm sure I'll have plenty to say in my post match analysis! With Munster making it two from two games in their HC pool,all thanks to ROG's spectacular drop goal technique, it looks like Leinster need to step up their game this weekend or else they'll be left with a face redder than the Munster home jersey. The sweet advantage is that they're on home ground at the RDS, a place where Leinster have punished their visitors, particularly in the HC, if Glasgow can do this, they're doing pretty darn well it has to be said, Leinster haven't lost a HC match to anyone at home in the last two years.

Warriors got the better of Leinster in the Pro12 only a couple of months ago beating them 23-19, but can they give the same performance tomorrow against the current HC champions?? It's hard to predict this, the only thing is, both teams will have players who were away at the time of the RWC when the two teams last met, so there may be different dynamics involved.

Over 17,500 tickets have been sold, so it's sure to have an explosive atmosphere, I unfortunately won't be there as I was supposed to be working but they changed my shift last minute so now I'm not working and ticketless for the game :( If anyone wants to take me though, feel free! :)

This week sees Eoin O'Malley take the number 13 jersey in place of Drico, nothing against O'Malley at all, he's a great player, but I'm just hoping that now that Drico has had the Op that he'll be back well before April and fighting fit please God, he really is an important cog in the Leinster force that keeps them going strong. Other changes from last week see Sean Cronin starting instead of Richardt Strauss, well earned in my opinion, the boy played a stormer against Montpellier and I reckon his try booked him a place in the starting 15.

Reddan starts alongside Sexton, with Boss on the bench, I actually prefer this if I'm honest, Boss its a gutsy player but I just think Reddan starting is a good omen, Boss is a great man to finish what Redser starts, I just feel Reddan's got the XFactor when it comes to the battle of the scrum-halves. One other change sees Toner starting, I think it's only fair considering he was crowned Bank of Ireland Player of the Month, well deserved!

So here's to looking forward to 12.45pm tomorrow, more than likely I'll be sitting on my own in a pub waving a tiny Leinster flag :)  Until then CĂșige Laighean AbĂș!!!

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Isa Nacewa
13: Eoin O'Malley
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Richardt Strauss
17: Cian Healy
18: Nathan White
19: Rhys Ruddock
20: Shane Jennings
21: Isaac Boss
22: Ian Madigan
23: Fionn Carr

GLASGOW WARRIORS:
15: Stuart Hogg
14: Tommy Seymour
13: Peter Murchie
12: Graeme Morrison
11: Colin Shaw
10: Duncan Weir
9: Chris Cusiter
1: Ryan Grant
2: Pat MacArthur
3: Mike Cusack
4: Richie Gray
5: Al Kellock CAPTAIN
6: Rob Harley
7: John Barclay
8: Ryan Wilson

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Finlay Gillies
17: Jon Welsh
18: Ed Kalman
19: Tom Ryder
20: Henry Pyrgos
21: Chris Fusaro
22: Federico Aramburu
23: Troy Nathan

REFEREE: Andrew Small (RFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Martin Fox, Roy Maybank (both RFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Kevin Beggs (IRFU), 5th OFFICIAL: Brian MacNeice (IRFU), TMO: Graham Hughes (RFU)

No comments:

Post a Comment